- 05.24.2019 - “If you have a tool that anybody can make, that’s great. You’re in contact with it in a very sensual way. But tools that require a hierarchy of coordination and specialization create a kind of distancing. That’s the kind of technology to avoid.” - John Zerzan
- 05.23.2019 - Considering the immense lengths that it took for humanity to get this picture and I am skeptical if any of it was worth it.
- 05.20.2019 - Technology is not gadgetry.
- 05.15.2019 - I’ve been off Facebook for over a year. Why am I still reading articles about the state of Facebook, the damage it does, and how to break it up? I need not care about this.
- 05.15.2019 - “Animal meat is a habit that many young Americans are ready to abandon.” - The Coming Obsolescence of Animal Meat
- 05.15.2019 - Just started reading Comedy, Sex, God from Pete Holmes and found out there is another very different/very similar author Pete Holmes.
- 05.15.2019 - As of today, I have been alive for 12,318 days.
- 05.15.2019 - Love the look of OpenMoji, an open-source emoji collection.
- 05.14.2019 - Natalie Wynn of Contrapoints on the Ezra Klein Show is well-worth your listen. Looking forward to watching her videos.
- 05.13.2019 - Minding the Gap is one of those must see documentaries. Weirdly enough it is about my hometown and how often brokenness defines it. For more, read David Michael’s write up for the Paris Review.
- 05.13.2019 - Justin Peters’ piece on Joe Rogan’s podcast is excellent.
- 05.08.2019 - “You only talk about moving forward with the same bad ideas that got us into this mess, even when the only sensible thing to do is pull the emergency brake. You are not mature enough to tell it like is. Even that burden you leave to us children. But I don’t care about being popular. I care about climate justice and the living planet.” - Greta Thunberg
- 05.05.2019 - Finally found a social network I agre with and enjoy, but no one is on it. Minimalists and plain text fans need to check out sub.cafe.
- 05.05.2019 - Love this article on veganism and South African foods. I had such an easy time eating delicious vegan meals years ago when I lived in ZA.
- 05.02.2019 - What’s special about this number?
- 05.02.2019 - While I don’t personally benefit from “news from nowhere for no one in particular”, I still think the text only versions of CNN and NPR are kinda cool.
- 05.02.2019 - “Consider the value of doing nothing when there is nothing of value to be done. Consider the value of saying nothing when there is nothing of value to say. Consider the value of simply being present, listening, and bearing witness, as something of value to be done instead.”-Patrick Rhone
- 05.02.2019 - Gripes: I don’t like Mastodon’s UI/UX, Micro.blog’s discovery, or Twitter’s ethics. I want a brutally simple text-only social network. Nowhere to go.
- 05.01.2019 - Bonding with the wife over the brilliance of Royal Ocean Film Society videos.
- 05.01.2019 - Barely squeaked into the April Cycling Distance challenge on Strava.
- 05.01.2019 - Excited to read about Wikipedia competitor Golden and excited to see what they do in the mapping knowledge space. Interesting place to start with building out the article for plant based meats.
2019: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12